Wednesday, November 30, 2011


Praise God for all his provisions!  He is and has been and continues to be abundantly faithful to me.

I have been bouncing around quite a bit this month.  I thought I would only be in Vanderbijlpark, but after Siyabonga got sick with pneumonia and a lung infection that landed him in the hospital I went to Klerksdorp for a week to help Kjelsi and Uli with the kids.  Kjelsi and I both ended up getting sick as well that week…lets just say it was a really long week, I’m thankful I could be here to help out, and everyone is doing well and back to health.  Praise God!

Thank you to everyone who prayed for a car…not only did I find a car to buy, but God decided to bless me with it for FREE!!!!!!  An incredible friend gave the car I was going to buy to Siyabonga.  Since he is two, and a few years from driving, my sister and Uli are letting me drive it while I’m here.  Yes, God is faithful and provides every need!!  Don’t be jealous but it’s a 1986 BMW…it’s a sweet ride. J

The guy who owned the car has been living in Cape Town and moved from the country, so I HAD to go to Cape Town to get the car.  Because Zach and Dan came back early from Mozambique the three of us flew down to Cape Town, spent the week down there and road tripped across South Africa with another friend to bring the car back.  I’m not going to tell you a lot about Cape Town, I’ll let the pictures speak for themselves and suffice it to say, Cape Town stands as my second favorite place on the earth (that I’ve been to)…incredibly beautiful, lively, diverse and fun.

LCF received a very large donation with the idea that LCF would be able to channel the resources to charities and be able to build relationship with them in order to help them function better.  I will be one of two or three people in LCF primarily responsible for building relationship with these different charities to: a) determine how well they are currently functioning; b) make sure the money and/or resources they receive are being used properly; and c) help determine weak areas in their organization and help them grow in order to function better.   I’m really excited about this opportunity.  I have a lot of learning to do, but am grateful to be able to work with different organizations in this capacity.  I feel very inadequate, but I also am confident that the Lord is walking me thru this and will give me the wisdom, discernment and compassion I need. 

PRAYER REQUESTS…. Praise God for providing my family, friends and myself with health; for providing me with a car; and for His grace that allows us to be apart of His family.  Pray that my time will be protected.; it seems to escape me before I had it to spend.  Pray that the Lord’s vision and desires would be made clear to me.
And you?...What can I be praying about for you?  Please let me know, I would really love to be praying for you.

I really am doing well..  I finally feel somewhat settled and even established here.  I am happy to be and grateful for that. 

I love you guys,
Linds


My new car!!! Complete with sunroof.  Yes we already drove it 14 hours across South Africa...runs like a champ!

Dan and Zach hidden in a sea of children at the promise center in Mozambique...It's almost like Where's Waldo? but WAY easier

Both the boys usually become a human jungle gym as soon as we are with any kids...exhibit A... 


Killing giant spiders that try and take over your house in Moz...don't mess

Zach and Mamma Tootell on their way to Inhaca Island, Moz

Getting to the actual island requires carrying your luggage and wading thru the sea 

SNORKELING!!!

South African sunset

The GIANT waterfall we hiked to after being reunited in South Africa....Shuuuurrraaaa!!


Leaving for Cape Town...Lindsay's luggage (on bottom) vs. 2 BOYS' luggage (on top)....WINNER!!!!!

First trip to McDonalds in 2 whole months...true happiness!

One of the many beautiful views in Cape Town...no words required

Scorpion we saw on one of our hikes

Zach, Dan and our friend Adam loving life







Open Happiness....

Zach and Dan's favorite pastime no matter where we are




Winery we biked thru in Stellenbauch


Cheers!

Thanksgiving = surfing



Enjoying Ethiopian Thanksgiving dinner with our Cape Town friends



Jealousy? 

JEALOUSY? 
"Dan, I want to punch that face off of you." -Zach-

Best milkshake EVER!!!!!

End of our Cape Town trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment