Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Spoiled....

I just logged onto my blog and realized I haven't posted anything in over a month...sorry!  My excuse is that the hard drive on my computer died and getting electronics fixed in Africa isn't exactly an overnight process. After a month and a half I finally got my computer back.  I am just amazed at the different ways God provides...

When I first took my computer in they said I had it covered under warranty...the thing is, I am 99% sure I do not have warranty as it is already expired and I did not purchase the extended warranty.  I told them that and they said if I bring in a proof of purchase I could get it covered.  The problem is my proof of purchase is in the states (not exactly sure where) and I couldn't get it here.  After that convo I just assumed I was going to have to pay.  Last week when they called to tell me my computer was ready to picked up, I asked how much it was going to cost and they said I didn't have to pay because it was covered under warranty (yes, still the warranty that doesn't exist).  I told them I didn't have my proof of purchase and they said, "well we looked it up and apple already approved it" !!!!!  On top of not having to pay about $400.00 to get it fixed, they were able to recover ALL of my data and upgraded my hard drive in the process!  The thing about God is He doesn't just give you what you need...He gives you what you need and so much more, even in the small things.

The last few weeks have been incredible!  I can't begin to share all that I have experienced and all the Lord has taught me in this blog.  Here are some highlights....

  Jesus Culture conference that was an amazing night!!!!  On top of awesome worship and teachings, God healed my asthma!!!!!


Siyabonga and Uli at Jesus Culture!

 Hanging out with kids at Polokong, an orphanage where I lead a leadership group


Bender and Siya at the June Nichols school...a school for kids with physical and mental disabilities.  This  is a school LCF is in partnership with and Bender volunteered there 3 days a week while she was here.


I went to an art exhibit this last weekend...the exhibit was on the Psalms.  This is Psalm 8...go read it then look closely at the picture, pretty sweet.


We received a 81 box donation of clothes, shoes, bags, jewelry, etc.  It's all being distributed and some of it sold for money to go to charity.


God blessing me with a beautiful sunset...HE is more faithful than the rising or setting sun!

 Food parcels given out to needy families.  Every month about 185 food parcels are put together and given or delivered to families in the area.

One of the ladies that help out at the food distribution.  She and some other ladies feed a handful of kids everyday for lunch.  The ladies pay out of their own pocket to feed these kids daily...everyday heros.

Bender and I enjoying our last night together!  Great to have her here for awhile.


Praying you are still blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment